Did you know that dehydration can happen at any time, no matter what the weather? It’s true! Our bodies use hydration for a wide range of normal activities, and for cooling during stress and exercise. It doesn’t really matter what the outdoor temperature is, our bodies continue to use water to function properly. Even when we’re not exerting ourselves or exposed to the heat, some of the things we eat and drink can actually decrease our bodies’ water levels!
Feeling thirsty is only one symptom of dehydration. In fact, if you feel thirsty, you may be overly dehydrated. Other surprising signs of dehydration, which you should not ignore, include:
- Fatigue, confusion, or anger
- Dry eyes or blurred vision
- Dark-colored urine
- Dry skin
- Muscle cramps
- Dry mouth
- Cloudy mind
- Lack of Sweat
Our bodies need water in order to operate the way they should. Hydration helps our organs function well, keeps our brains working optimally, and ensures our skin and hair will be healthy. Water helps flush out toxins and can assist in maintaining a healthy body weight. Proper hydration can also help us ward off illness and disease.
What are some good ways to make sure you stay hydrated?
- Drink clean, pure water as often as possible
- Substitute sodas and other drinks with water
- Watch alcohol, caffeine, and salt intake (they reduce your body’s water levels)
- Eat water-rich foods including watermelon and other fruits
- Take baths- your body can actually soak in water through your skin
As you hydrate yourself, make sure you’re drinking safe and chemical-free water. King Water Filtration produces clean water from every tap in the home. www.kingwaterfiltration.com